LAST UPDATED: 14th July 2017
Each of the websites listed in Appendix A, and their sub domains (collectively “the Websites”) along with the publications in Appendix B (“the Publications”) are published and operated by NWN Media Ltd. Mold Business Park, Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire CH7 1XY, registered in England no. 167825 (“the Publisher” or “we”)
Copyright Notice and Licence;
Terms and Conditions of Acceptance of Advertisements;
Registration Terms and Conditions;
Forum House Rules;
Swear Word Policy; and
Disability Access Statement.
Access to particular areas of the Websites may be subject to additional terms to which you must consent in order to use those areas.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT (Agreement) BETWEEN THE PURCHASER OF LICENSED MATERIAL (You/Licensee) AND NWN MEDIA LIMITED (the Publisher) AND LICENCES LICENSED MATERIAL PURCHASED VIA THE WEBSITE www.localbygones.co.uk (Website). BY PURCHASING LICENSED MATERIAL YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
NWN Media Limited (Registered No 00167825) whose registered office is Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire CH7 1XY (Publisher) owns, publishes and prints a portfolio of newspapers, magazines and websites (Publications) and Orders for the insertion of Advertisements in such newspapers and websites are accepted subject to the following terms of acceptance.
The copyright for all purposes in all artwork, copy and other material which the Publisher or his employees have originated, contributed to or reworked shall vest in the Publisher.
Any material submitted by the Buyer is held by the Publisher at the Buyer’s risk and should be insured by the Buyer against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy without notice all such property after the date of its last appearance in an Advertisement unless the Buyer has given written instructions to the contrary.
The Publisher reserves the right to disclose the name and address of the Buyer and/or Advertiser to the police, trading standards officials, or any other relevant authority and, where the Publisher in its sole discretion deems it reasonable, to other third parties.
Telephone conversations between advertisers and members of the Publisher’s staff may be subject to silent monitoring for staff training purposes.
6. Third Party Cookies. Occasionally our advertising partners may also wish to set cookies.
8. Disabling Cookies. Cookies can be easily deleted or disabled at any time through your browser’s preference menus so please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information on controlling cookies is available at http://www.aboutcookies.org. Please be aware that if you do choose to disable cookies you may not be able to fully access certain areas of the Website
9. IP Address. When you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
10. Web Beacons. The Publisher also includes web beacons (also known as clear GIFs or web bugs) in its emails to track the success of its marketing campaigns. This means that if you open an email from the Publisher it can see which pages of the Website you visit. The Publisher’s web beacons do not store additional information on your computer, but by communicating with the cookies on your computer, they can tell the Publisher when you have opened its email. If you object to web beacons, the Publisher recommends you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies in paragraph 8. The Publisher will still know how many of its e-mails are opened and will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier of your computer and other access device, but this will not identify you as an individual.
11. Credit References. In assessing your application for credit, to prevent fraud, to check your identity and to prevent money laundering, the Publisher may search the files of credit reference agencies who will record any credit searches on your file. This may include using Credit Safe or an equivalent company. The Publisher may also disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors. Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossessions.
12. Credit Reference Agencies. The Publisher may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend only on the results of the credit scoring process.
13. Sharing Data. The Publisher may also share your information with its business partners in the travel, property, automotive, financial services, leisure, entertainment, advertising, media, retail and mail order business for marketing purposes or it may send you information about other organisations’ goods and services. The Publisher or its business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of goods and services or information that may be of interest to you e.g. holidays, cars, property, financial and leisure services, entertainment, media products, advertising, clothing or household goods. By providing the Publisher with your fax number, land line and/or mobile telephone numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from the Publisher or from the Publisher’s business partners tick the appropriate box on the form you complete.
14. Sensitive Personal Data. By providing the Publisher with your personal information, you consent to it processing your sensitive personal data, such as health data, for the above purposes.
15. Transfer of Personal Data out of the UK. By providing the Publisher with your personal information you also consent to the Publisher transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If the Publisher does make such a transfer, it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected.
16. Third Party Data. If you provide the Publisher with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of the Publisher’s identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
18. Secure Server Software. The Publisher offers the use of a secure server when you place orders or access your account information. SSL (the secure server software) encrypts your information before it is sent to us. The Publisher also takes appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
19. Links to Third Party Sites. The Publisher links to a wide variety of other sites and it displays advertisements from third parties on the Website. The Publisher is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, the Publisher is not an agent for these sites or advertisers nor is it authorised to make representations on their behalf.
20. Requests. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information the Publisher holds about you (for which the Publisher may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. If you wish to exercise your rights to this information please forward your request, in writing, to Data Protection Officer, NWN Media Ltd, Mold Business Park, Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire. CH7 1XY
21. Monitoring. For quality control and training purposes, the Publisher may monitor or record your communications with it.
22. Changes in Your Data. If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how the Publisher uses your information, please let the Publisher know online where appropriate, or by contacting its Data Protection Officer at NWN Media Ltd, Mold Business Park, Wrexham Road, Mold, Flintshire. CH7 1XY or email data.protection@NWN.co.uk.
23. Changes to this Policy. This data protection notice may change and therefore you should review it regularly. The Publisher will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
5. Access Termination. The Publisher can terminate your access to the Website at any time. The Publisher may also remove any content that you post without cause, without giving reasons and without notice to you. This includes all email accounts, postings, profiles or other personalised information you have created while on the Website.
These House Rules have been developed so that everyone can get the best out of contributing to the Site. They aim to protect anyone who reads or contributes to the Forums and to help everyone to have an enjoyable and safe time.
By participating you agree to abide by these House Rules. The Publisher reserves the right to change these House Rules at any time by posting these changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain notice of such changes. Your continuing use of the service once these changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these House Rules as modified by the posted changes.
* Please be warned that if any content breaks the rules below it may be removed by the moderators of the Website.
Rules for Contributing to the web site and principles that you must accept.
As with the above House Rules, this Swear Word Policy has been developed so that everyone can get the best out of contributing to the Forums.
By participating, you also agree to abide by this Swear Word Policy. The Publisher reserves the right to change this Swear Word Policy at any time by posting these changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain notice of such changes. Your continuing use of the Forums once these changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this Swear Word Policy as modified by the posted changes.
* Please be warned that if any content breaks the rules below it may be removed by the moderators of the Website.
The Website has been built in compliance with W3C WAI standard Single A, to ensure accessibility to all users, irrespective of their physical ability. Great effort has been employed to ensure old content meets the above standards. Due to high volumes of content not all old content meets the W3C WAI standards.
The site is tested to support IE6, Mozilla, Firefox and Chrome.
The Publisher is dedicated to supporting all users. If you experience any difficulties using the Website please contact the Publisher at digital.coordinator@NWN.co.uk.
and any other website operated by a NWN Media Ltd
NWN Media Ltd Mold Business Park Mold Flintshire CH7 1XY 01352 707707
the Leader Mold Business Park Mold Flintshire CH7 1XY 01352 707707
County Times 11c Broad St Welshpool Powys SY21 7LE 01938 553354
Border Counties Advertizer 16-18 Oswald Rd Oswestry Shropshire SY11 1RE 01691 655321
Rhyl Journal Accent House 23 Kinmel Street Rhyl Denbighshire LL18 1AH 01745 357500
Denbighshire Free Press Accent House 23 Kinmel Street Rhyl Denbighshire LL18 1AH 01745 357500
North Wales Pioneer 21 Penrhyn Road Colwyn Bay Denbighshire LL29 8HY
North Wales Chronicle 302 High Street Bangor Gwynedd LL57 1UL 01248387400
Wrexham Weekend Leader 10 High Street Wrexham LL13 8HP 01978 355151
The Chester Standard 56 Watergate Street, Chester CH1 2LA 01244 304500
The Leader, Chester edition 56 Watergate Street, Chester CH1 2LA 01244 304500
South Wirral Standard Standard 56 Watergate Street, Chester CH1 2LA 01244 304500
NWN Media Distribution Mold Business Park Mold Flintshire CH7 1XY 01352 707707
Shrewsbury Admag 2-3 Bellstone Shrewsbury SY1 1HX 01743 239151
Hereford Admag 1a Red Barn Road Hereford 01432 376120
Whitchurch Herald 19 High Street, Whitchurch SY13 1AX 01948 660350
NWN Media Print Centre Unit 3, 10th Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Flintshire CH5 2UA 01244 833810